Thursday, November 17, 2011


Jailbroken and Unlocked iPhone 3G

I upgraded my iPhone to 4S and I decided to transform my old iPhone 3G into an international phone. And I did it! Now I have a smart phone for the world. I slipped in a China Mobile SIM and sure enough, it is now a China Mobile phone. I also have a Canada's Rogers SIM that I can use.

Before unlocking one must first jailbreak it, in order to load apps not allowed by Apple to the iPhone. I have the latest iOS 4.2.1 with 5.15.04 baseband and I took it to a shop that advertises unlocking for $19.95 here in town, but after tinkering with it for an hour they said they couldn't do it. So I took the matter in my own hands and assembled the necessary software to do it. The jailbreaking part is rather complicated and I have to do it several times to get it right. Afterwards, Cydia Market is loaded and then the rest is easy. Load up Ultrasn0w from Cydia and run it and it is done. Put in any SIM card and you are ready to go!! This unlocked iPhone 3G is worth at least $150 on eBay at today's price.

Now I am looking forward to foreign travel.


JMTMD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home